The Knipser Estate was founded in 1876, and is located in Laumersheim, between the towns of Bad Dürkheim and Grünstadt in the northern Pfalz. The vineyards are situated in Laumersheim, Großkarlbach and Dirmstein, totalling 40 hectares. The town of Laumersheim is well known for its long wine tradition. According to historical records at the Lorsch monastery, a number of vineyards were directly mentioned as a donation from Albulf in 30.III.769 (History of Viticulture, F. v. Bassermann-Jordan, 1907).
The Knipser Estate has been a member of the VDP (Association of German Quality Wine Estates dedicated to producing premium wines from premium sites) since 1993, and was a founding member of the German Barrique Forum. They are proud and delighted to have been a multiple winner of the German Red Wine Prize awarded by VINUM Wine Magazine, Vintner of the Year 2009 awarded by the Gault Millau Wine Guide and Vintner of the Year 1996 (awarded by the German magazine ‘Der Feinschmecker’).