Farm history came from 1700 when was built by Peruzzi' family. In 1800 passed to Marquis Strozzi Sacrati of Mantova and finally in 1978, to the current owners the brothers Lottero, who came from Genoa and has always been Tuscany lovers, who undertook a complete restoration allowing the recovery in production. Since then the farm has preserved the best traditions of farm dedicated to the cultivation and production of organic wine and oil, combining old hand craft methods, the most modern techniques. In the park of the manor house is a centuries-old cedar of Lebanon of more than 250 years, he became the symbol of the farm.
Ancient traditions combined with modern techniques
The Farm is situated on the top of Montefiesole' hill, at 450 meters above sea level, just 18 km from Florence, is a typical family business, surrounded by the enchanting succession of rolling hills covered in olive groves and vineyards, located between the towns of Sieci and Pontassieve. Between the farm of Chianti Rufina area, Lavacchio'farm has been the first to join the programs of organic production;sprung from the philosophy that the company has always pursued: to harmonize its activities with the balance set by nature. The company's production of wine, olive oil, wheat and green garden product is done with only the use of organic matter for the government of plants; we ask to the nature cooperation and, to contrast the aggression of harmful parasites, we favor at the conservation of a habitat where animals can thrive antagonists pests themselves; early to check the presence of diseases, have been placed in adherence to the vineyards, hundreds of rose bushes, particularly sensitive to certain diseases. Organic farming is carried out with the use of modern means of processing and according to current knowledge, in full respect of the balance, which is the only proper use of the land by man.
(Source: Fattoria Lavacchio Italy)