Kellerei Kaltern – Cantina Kaltern
Cantina Kaltern has its roots in Kaltern’s four original winery cooperatives. 1986 saw the merger of the Erste Kellerei and the Neue Kellerei (founded in 1900 and 1925 respectively), and in 1992 the Bauern kellerei and the Jubiläums kellerei (founded in 1906 and 1908) also merged to form Cantina Kaltern. The last step in the creation of a combined winery was taken in 2016. More than a thousand growers are active with Kaltern, most farming less than one hectare, making cooperation the natural production strategy of choice. From 1363, Alto Adige belonged to the Habsburgs and during the reign of Emperor Franz Josef, Kaltern was an official supplier of the court in Vienna.