Corralillo Pinot Noir Matetic

Corralillo Pinot Noir Matetic (box of 6 bottles)

Corralillo Chardonnay Matetic (box of 6 bottles)


Corralillo Chardonnay 

Corralillo Chardonnay Matetic is characterized by aromas of nuts, citrus fruits, pineapple, peach. The taste is soft and balanced. All grapes come from our own vineyards in the Valle del Rosario (part of the
greater San Antonio Valley), named after the so-called river that flows here.

The grapes are carefully harvested by hand. After traditional pressing, 30% of the grapes are fermented in stainless steel for freshness and minerality. The remaining 70% ferments in French oak for more richness and complexity. Batonnage is used on a small scale in the barrels. (Floated yeast cells are brought back into contact with the wine to give it a bit more fullness.) A small part of the wine also undergoes malolactic fermentation (for example, the sharper malic acid is converted into softer lactic acid) for more soft elegance in the wine .

Wine - Food pairing

This wine is recommended with fish, white meat, paella, strained seafood, Asian food and pasta.

Corralillo Chardonnay Matetic

Corralillo Chardonnay Matetic is a delicious Chilean white wine from Viña Matetic from Chile. This wine is made from Chardonnay grapes.

Viña Matetic

The Matetic family exchanged Croatia for Chile in 1892 because of all the misery in the Balkans. As it turns out, that was a blessing for the wine world. After setting up several fruit and livestock farms, the now 4th Chilean generation decided to manifest their passion and enthusiasm in viticulture as well. Viña Matetic was born in 1999. Jorge and Cristian Matetic attracted various winegrowing specialists to make wines in a biodynamic way as a team in the cool San Antonio and Casablanca Valleys out of conviction. In short, this is the most pure and people- and nature-friendly form of viticulture. Due to the proximity of the ocean, the valleys enjoy a moderate microclimate with a difference between day and night temperatures of approximately 20 degrees during the growing season. Light breezes provide cooling and good air circulation, so that fruit can ripen optimally and humidity hardly brings fungi and diseases. On the poor soil of granite and weathered granite, red clay and dark earth as a top layer, the planted grape varieties thrive particularly well. The limited precipitation (about 485 mm per year) mainly falls in the winter. Beautiful Chilean wines with a nod to the refined producers in Europe.

More Information
Product Corralillo Chardonnay Matetic
Country Chile
Producer Matetic Vineyards
Type of wine White, Organic
Region Central Valley
Grape variety Chardonnay
Number of bottles 6
Price per bottle €15.95
Vintage Mail: