Champagne Palmer is a small, family-owned Champagne house based in the Grand Cru village of Avize in the Côte des Blancs region of Champagne. The house was founded in 1947 by seven growers who shared a passion for making high-quality Champagne. Today, the house is run by the third generation of the family and produces a range of Champagnes that are known for their elegance and finesse.
Champagne Palmer's vineyards cover approximately 40 hectares, mainly in the Grand Cru villages of Avize, Cramant, and Oger. The house also sources grapes from a network of carefully selected growers across the Champagne region. The focus is on Chardonnay, which makes up around 75% of the vineyard holdings, with the remaining 25% planted to Pinot Noir.
Champagne Palmer's range includes non-vintage, vintage, and prestige cuvées. The non-vintage cuvée, Brut Réserve, is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir that is aged for at least three years on the lees. The vintage and prestige cuvées are made from grapes from specific vineyards and are aged for longer periods of time. The house is also known for its Blanc de Blancs and Rosé Champagnes.
Champagne Palmer's Champagnes are characterized by their finesse, elegance, and balance. They are typically made in a style that emphasizes the purity and expression of the fruit, with a focus on acidity and minerality. The house is committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly practices, and many of its vineyards are farmed according to organic and biodynamic principles.